The historical carnival of Ivrea
Edition 2016: 06th JANUARY - 10th FEBRUARY 2016 (PASSED EVENT)
Battle of the Oranges ("Battaglia delle Arance") - ON SUNDAY THE 07th FEBRUARY 2016
The historical Carnival of Ivrea is an Italian event known in the world, in which population and tourists every year rediscover history, traditions, performance, emotions and ideals; an event in which history mixes with legend in order to create something spectacular that goes over the centuries.
What is the Historical Carnival of Ivrea?
The main characters of the event:
- The Miller's daughter, real heroine of the festival;
- The General, with the miller's daughter, his duty is to guarantee the correct execution of the event;
- Napoleonic military staff, composed by twenty Officers riding horses, who help the General in his duty;
- the deputy High Chancellor;
- the Podesta, surety of the city freedom;
- the Cortege with flags of the quarters ("Rioni"),represented by the "Abbà" and the Pipes and Drums ("Pifferi e Tamburi")